4/4/13

Void of emotion?


Is there such a thing as a photo that is void of emotion?
Some times a well composed and lit photo just doesn’t feel right.
·      Is it not portraying the right emotions?
·      What are the right emotions?


 Last weekend I spent some time with two clients and they were wonderful. They not only had great ideas of what they wanted their photographs to look like they told me exactly what emotions they would like to portray. The first session was with a family and they wanted to show love and fun. They wanted their photos to show them in a natural environment having fun as a family.
This photo to me shows them in the moment of being a family and loving one another. 


This photo to me with how it was composed misses the mark on what they and I were trying to accomplish. Even though its well composed and lit properly I think it lacks the emotion of the day.








This photo if from the next day with a couple wanting to express their love for each other. They are already married but this session is for photos they want to display at their BIG wedding next fall.

The first photo here is one I think just makes them look like they are hanging out but it doesn’t tell a story. It doesn’t show the love they have.


After I made them laugh a bit and changed my angle I think I got the shoot that they are looking for. Aren’t they sooo adorable?

Sometimes when you get a photo that just doesn't quite show the love or other emotion you are trying to portray all i can say is..... make them laugh... make them cry... or just catch them off guard. And always be ready to snap a extra shot just after you take the posed shot.

-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment