8/4/13

Expressionism

So here are my favorites from the final sessions with my coworker. I’ve never done work like this, using props and turning ideas into photographs. These seem to be a bit on the abstract side of art, showing a man in business attire with muck on his face or with a sledgehammer. We did have fun making these photographs and it was a bit of a challenge to work with his ideas and trying to execute them when I don’t really know what each element meant to him. As we worked and talked I got a better understanding of what he wanted but for some reason I tend to like more of the images that make him look like a gentleman just by himself. This abstract and expressionistic way of photography is something I will need to work on and develop as I develop my craft because this is a great way to get out ideas if they are done right. This session has started my own ideas flowing. My notebook is filling up with interesting things and ideas about how I can convey ideas and feelings through photographs and not just capture nice and friendly things or moments in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment